Monday, October 13, 2014

The Knots Prayer

Whenever the negative voices in your head threaten to take over, consider reciting The Knots Prayer:


Dear God,

Please untie the knots in my mind,
my heart and my life.


Remove the have nots,
the can nots, and the do nots
that I have in my mind.


Erase the will nots,
may nots, and might nots that
may find a home in my heart.


Release me from the could nots,
would nots and should nots
that obstruct my life.


And most of all, Dear God,
I ask that you remove from my mind,
my heart, and my life all of the “am nots”
that I have allowed to hold me back,
especially the thought that
I am not good enough.


Amen


Source: Author known to God

Also note:  http://venerablematttalbotresourcecenter.blogspot.com/2014/09/mary-unties-knots-of-alcoholism.html