Sunday, April 10, 2011

IN YOUR PRESENCE LORD-'MATT TALBOT'


Noeleen Murphy has released a new CD in remembrance of Matt Talbot. Ordering information can be found at http://www.matttalbotcounselling.ie/cd.html.

With permission to quote her, Noeleen writes, "I got the inspiration to write this song from an image of Matt Talbot. Just looking at the image, I was touched by the sadness and heartbreak of addiction.


Since writing and recording this song, I have been privileged to be asked to sing in many different venues throughout Ireland promoting the Cause of Matt Talbot. The highlight of 2011 so far for me is being asked by the Irish Pioneer Total Abstinence Association to sing the recording at the Matt Talbot/PTAA Knock Shrine Pilgrimage on Sunday 17th July 2011."

 

Below are the first two verses of the song as they appear in a 4 page booklet that accompanies the CD"


IN YOUR PRESENCE LORD-'MATT TALBOT'

I carry my cross for you my Lord
As you walk gently with me today
In my addicted state my body aches
And I hand it right into your arms O Lord
Stay close to me today

As I place these chains in the palms of my hands
And I offer them into your arms O Lord
In my addicted state my body shakes
And I hand it into your arms O Lord
Stay close to me today

 

Update:  Noeleen can be heard singing the entire song at 53 minutes into the tape at http://www.hmwn.net/audioarchive/search_results_id.php?title=20071623