Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Serenity Prayer

[As we conclude 2011 and begin 2012, we might pray the “long-form” of the “Serenity Prayer,” not only daily but frequently throughout each day as millions do. (An internet search on "Serenity Prayer Interpretation" will provide a wealth of information.)]


"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can, and
Wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and
Supremely happy with Him forever in the next."
Amen.

Attributed to Rev. Reinhold Niebuhr