Tuesday, April 30, 2013

St. Jude Prayer for Addiction


 

A prayer for the intercession of Venerable Matt Talbot for those suffering from addiction (found, for example, at http://www.matttalbot.ie/prayers.htm and http://www.matttalbot.ie/petitions.htm) does not preclude a prayer for the intercession of St. Jude, patron saint of hopeless causes and desperate situations.


“God in heaven, help me to know your love includes me, even when I fail. Open my heart to your healing power. Come, Lord Jesus, and calm the waters of my soul just as you whispered “peace” to the stormy sea. St. Jude, most holy apostle, in my need I cry out to you. I pray that you will intercede for me so that I may find strength to overcome my weakness. Bless me with your mercy, and bless all those who struggle with addiction. Touch them, heal them, reassure them of the Father’s constant love. Remain at my side, St. Jude, to chase away all evil temptations, fears, and doubts. May the quiet assurance of your loving presence illuminate the darkness in my heart and bring lasting peace. Amen.

Post your prayer or petition below for those suffering from addiction. Or if you would like, send your special intentions for those suffering from addiction to the altar of St. Jude at the National Shrine of St. Jude where it will be prayed for by the Claretians."


There might also be value in reading some of the prayers or petitions of others at 563 Comments »


Source: http://blog.shrineofstjude.org/post/st-jude-prayer-for-addiction/comment-page-6/