Sunday, July 23, 2017

For the Healing of an Addiction, One Day at a Time


The following prayer was posted (http://www.ladyofhopemaine.org/pdf/17-0219.pdf) in the weekly bulletin of Our Lady of Hope Parish, a Jesuit ministry, in Portland, Maine:
 
For the healing of an addiction, one day at a time

This day I have within me the resolve of Matt Talbot.
    This day I have within me the disciple of St. Brigid. 
    This day I have within me the triune faith of St. Patrick.     
    This day I have within me the courage of St. Brendan. 
    This day a pilgrimage, one step at a time.
    Let me walk with Matt Talbot and the pioneers of sobriety. 
    This day a pilgrimage, one step at a time.
Let me walk with Brigid, her staff a guide and discipline.
    This day a pilgrimage, one step at a time. 
    Let me walk with Patrick, his breastplate my daily shield.     
    This day a pilgrimage, one step at a time. 
    Let me sail with Brendan, safe, sober, and clean at day's
end.